Friday, April 15, 2011

Ella's first SPRING BREAK!

Ella had the week off, so I took a couple of vacation days. Despite some seriously cloudy skies and muddy ground, we made the best of it.



We got to visit baby Owen...



had a few dance parties...

and joined the Metroparks Department for a Nocturnal Amphibian Hunt. The sound that night was above 90 decibels. Amazing!



And my very patient and loving family supported me in my new "clean" diet; no refined sugar, white flour, or processed foods. It was a big adjustment for me, but a bigger one for the kids. Kale, leeks, beets, fennel have all been put to the test. One of the four actually passed my tiny sous chef's palate without an overly dramatized gag reflex.


Her favorite part of break? Having her cousin around. Ella is begging to find some friends her age who might live nearby. Makes me think of living in Hillcrest, when we could all hop on our bikes and disappear into the afternoon hours, with only the evening buzz and blink of the awakening streetlights to guide our way home.

No comments: