Monday, December 6, 2010

A Week of Whatever

What's this thing in public school called "fall break?"
An entire week off in October?

I finished penciling this fact in at the end of my long list of reasons for becoming a teacher, then went about looking at my work calendar to see what I could move around.

And so I took the whole week off. With no plans. Shocking for me, really. And quite lovely!
I won't lie...I did draw a small chart (gasp!) that helped me plan for a block of time each day for nothing but silly fun and complete nonsense, one block for naps and tackling a few of my otherwise insurmountable household projects, and one block of time for artsy/learning activities.

Every day was a dream.
I vow, right here in writing, that I will do this every year.

I met my babes all over again, and got to spend a week completely void of drive-thrus, cubicles, laptops, DVD's, flatscreen TV's, iPods, leapsters, iPhones, and any other device that might clog my head with electromagnetic waves, messages about penis enlargements, or voicemails squawking out pre-election political pleas.

We spent time breathing the crisp autumn air, letting the sun bathe our faces in warmth. Ella read me books and Carson sang to us from the car seat on our daily adventures. We met up with friends old and new, but most of all we met each other for a special date every day.






No comments: