Sunday, February 1, 2009

Making our 2009 Valentines

Every year we do a valentine in lieu of a holiday card, for a two reasons: 1.) the mail traffic is much lighter in February so people really seem to appreciate the thought, and 2.) I happen to be plagued with an endless love for Valentines Day that supersedes all other holidays...even my own birthday. While I am not normally a super-priss, I could swim on a lace doily through a sea of red glitter every February.

The theme is always "love is..." and a verb or adjective that describes what Ella's been up to lately. The obvious thing (given my current pregnanct state) this year was to borrow from Corinthians and note "Love....is patient." So Ben brought the Nikon and we shot some great pics of Ella to capture her very real anticipation about this new baby. We used one on the valentine (we do this blog more for our own memory keeping than for an audience, but if someone is reading this and you're not on our list, please leave a comment and I'll be glad to add you!)

Here are the rest of the best shots from that morning:


The one above is not what went on the Valentine, but is truly my favorite. She does this almost every night before bed, listening and singing.


1 comment:

nklfrtz said...

These pictures are awesome!!! I love you guys so much, and these pictures are just precious! I can't wait to see Ella and her fascination with her new little bub! :) It will be a beautiful thing...she'll come around. :) Love ya!!!